5.6.09

Take me back




It's been a while! Truth is, I haven't been cooking much. We entered this kind of social vortex where every Sunday you think "ah, the next days are blissfully empty" only to find on Monday night that every evening of the week is fully booked with socializing, eating out and cocktail parties.

I'm just kidding about the cocktail parties. We don't have many of those here in Amsterdam - I may have gone to only a handful in my entire life. But substitute 'hanging out in bars and drinking beer and jenever' for the cocktail parties, and you get the idea.

Anyway, there have been lots of dinners in restaurants and at friends' houses, and not that many home cooked meals. I'm starting to itch for it. Tomorrow we have big plans that involve Great Steak and Really Good Wine.. so who knows, a report about that might pop up here on Sunday.

In the picture: me preparing Treviso radicchio, in Montone, Italy, in the kitchen of the lovely Judith of Aroma Cucina. Maybe it's because I'm researching our vacation for this fall, but I'm homesick for trips of the past - and have been going through old photo files and dreaming about all the wonderful places Dennis and I visited together, the food we ate, the people we met. Good memories.

No comments: